Type: Select Service/Extended Stay/Full Service
FLSA Status: Exempt / Non-Exempt
This position will play a key role in overseeing, coordinating and assisting the activities of the maintenance staff. Ensures repair, maintenance and engineering activities and the preventative maintenance program are completed as directed and supports or monitors capital repair and renovation projects.
- Effectively and professionally communicates with co-workers and Management.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Ensures all fire and safety inspections are completed and any discrepancies are corrected.
- Responsible for the safety of the department and building.
- Administers the preventative maintenance program as required, properly completing work orders on time.
- Completes training regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines. Conducts training of co-workers and subordinates as required.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Meets with vendors and suppliers to discuss scope of, and products and materials used in, repair activities.
- Obtains pricing and bids, or develops cost estimates as directed.
- Supervises and assists engineering staff in maintaining and repairing fire and life safety systems, room equipment, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, refrigeration equipment, pool equipment, lighting, laundry equipment and other systems/equipment as directed.
- Manages or assists in hiring, firing, training, assisting with career development and performance evaluations for maintenance staff.
- Performs skilled repair and maintenance operations using power tools, hand tools, welding equipment, etc.
- Monitors tool inventories.
- Monitors supplies, places orders with approved vendors as needed.
- Maintains working spaces in safe and clean condition.
- Completes any required daily checklists as required by company
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Internal: All hotel departments and Area Champion at the property level, Regional Chief Engineer and Corporate Director of Engineering – Field Operations at the corporate level
External: Vendors: For purchasing and receiving supplies
Guests: To provide customer service
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Two years of college or vocational training in electrical or mechanical engineering or plumbing plus six years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services for a hotel or hotels.
Certification and/or License Requirement: Professional certification and licensure if required by law. Minimum Type III EPA Certification for refrigerant reclamation and charging.
- Technical crafts (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.). Specialization in these trades is required. An ability to advance knowledge in these areas is essential.
- Customer service
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to monitor contractor activity
Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
The major responsibility in this position is supervising staff members and directing them to accomplish the maintenance and engineering functions of the hotel. This person must understand the practices, techniques and technologies required in the work they are performing or monitoring.
A significant portion of time will be spent moving about the hotel and frequent lifting of up to 75 pounds and carrying of up to 25 pounds may be required.
Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks delegated and completed, to order supplies or to read and understand equipment manuals and plans.
Reasoning abilities are always utilized.
Basic mathematical abilities are utilized a significant portion of the time.
This person will need to be able to react quickly in emergency situations and make decisions that may involve the safety of others or a great amount of money.