To manage the hotel’s operation and maintain established cost and quality standards in order to ensure superior service and maximize profits.
- Develops short and long term financial and operational plans for the hotel which support overall company objectives.
- Prepares the annual hotel budget.
- Monitors hotel performance through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and monthly financial reports.
- Initiates corrective action.
- Manages all sources of revenue including the rooms, housekeeping, food and beverage, engineering, and other departments.
- Ensures all departments are profitable and maintain strong working relationships.
- Works with the Director of Sales, if needed can perform duties of a Sales and Marketing manager including making marketing calls; attending community business functions; working with travel agents and direct bill accounts; and coordinating sales promotions.
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance to company procedures.
- Ensures staff received proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures.
- Inspects guests’ rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensures bank deposits are made daily, including weekends and holidays.
- Promotes hotel’s policies and philosophies to employees and guests through direct and indirect interaction.
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures and assists Area Director in budget planning
- Produces monthly financial reports and knows at all times where the hotel stands against budget.
- Plans, implements and manages annual capital improvement projects with prior approval from VP of Operations or EVP of Operations.
- Manages human resources functions of the hotel by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development and retention and conducting regular employee meetings.
- Protects the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Stays in compliance with all established Texas Western Hospitality to maintain functional and effective computer systems and hardware.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Ensures hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws.
- Available 24/7 with reliable transportation.