Department: Icon Lodging Corporate Office
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Status: Exempt Manager
The Area Director of Sales and Marketing is providing leadership and vision in developing revenue generating initiatives to achieve the current year sales goals and support the long term strategic sales plan for Icon Lodging. This would include revenue management and digital marketing. The Area Director of Sales and Marketing will oversee the sales effort for 6 to 8 select service hotels including Marriott and Hilton brands. This is a key position in within the Leadership team and is expected to provide revenue strategy for the success of our portfolio of hotels.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Overall all revenues for each property.
- Recruit and train all associates as it relates to the Sales process to maximize revenue
- Implement and train Icon procedures and processes.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance and remaining up to date on new sales initiatives for the brand and company.
- Actively involved in STAR Report and analyzing data for strategy.
- Actively support the operations team for overall hotel performance.
- Maintain positive relationships with the Management Company, property owners, and clients.
- The ability to make revenue management decisions to effectively grow market share.
- Lead and a team consistently to deliver exceptional guest service and effectively grow revenues according with the budget goals.
- Participate in weekly revenue management calls for each location.
- Travel to locations is required approximately 70% of time.
Required Experience and Skills:
– Associates/Bachelor’s Degree
– 3-5 years minimum experience as a Hotel Director of Sales
– Previous hotel management experience within other hotel disciplines (highly desired)
– Experience working with major brands like Marriott and Hilton (highly desired) and working knowledge of their systems.
– The ability to make to develop a strong team that delivers results
– Demonstrated leadership ability and experience.
– Strong organizational, analytical, and business planning skills.
– Proven track record of attaining sales goals and managing key accounts.
– Excellent written and verbal skills.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We offer a competitive Salary commensurate with experience
About Icon Lodging:
Icon Lodging was formed by the creation of combining many family owned and operated hotels, whose roots date back to the 1980’s. Icon Lodging’s success is due in great part to the company’s hands-on approach. Their grassroots beginnings of living and working in a mom and pop hotel with their families has provided a tremendous foundation of core values for the company’s ongoing success and future growth.
Job Available: Immediately
Bonus Plan: Yes
Work Permit Needed: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes
Entry Level Position: No
Industry Categories: Hotel/Resort
Position Categories: Sales